Being from D. G. Khan myself and being familiar with the Khosas, my first thoughts about that recent bomber strike at Khosa’s house in D.G. Khan were:
1. The Khosas have really pissed off someone real bad (everyone is pissed at them for they have set new standards of corruption, even beating Farooq Leghari and Co.), or
2. They had it done themselves to get some attention/show they are “important” (The thought about ‘Taliban’ targeting them is just so out of this world)
That there was something fishy going on was brought back to my mind when I heard Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif state that the blast at the Khosa House is not linked to centres of terrorists in the southern Punjab. So I talked and met some people from the area and what I was told certainly confirmed my suspicions.
The rumor on the street is that the Khosas had it done themselves. I am told the Khosas have been trying to get rid of enchroching tent city/slum that had grown upto the wall of Khosa House and the bombing was carried out by them to rid themselves of it. Another interesting fact is that two Khosa brothers (Hisamuddin and Saifuddin) were at the house that day and Dost Muhammed Khosa was expected to also come over. Also present at the house that day was their (much-hated by them) brother-in-law, a guy named Ali. Coincidence of coincidences, Hisam and Saif managed to leave the house that morning and Dost Muhammed cancelled his visit. That guy Ali came closet to getting killed as he was just driving away from the house at the time of the bombing, leading to another rumor that the Khosas wanted to kill two birds with one stone and do away with that leaching brother-in-law of theirs as well (leach he is and he moved into Khosa right as PML-N came to power in Punjab and has been been using his relationship with Khosas to the hilt).
Another interesting thing I heard was that during the short stint as acting CM, Dost made enough money to transfer Rs 70-80 crore to Dubai.
Question is, like Zardari made Musharraf look not so bad, will a Nawaz government even make Zardari government having been not so bad? With people like these in the PML-N leadership, I won’t be surprised….
1. Latest word is the Khosas had given rights to the land along their wall to people to build shops and a market had sprung up. Of course the land wasn’t transferred to these poor souls but they held the ‘agreement’ on stamp paper only. Since the Khosas saw that it was an established market now and they could sell that land for crores of rupees, they wanted the shopkeepers to disappear. This bombing also achieves that: With the shops destroyed, the stamp paper agreement those guys were holding become worthless.
2. Another rumor going around is the Khosas had the place insured for Rs 25 crore (much more than the value of the property). Now they can not only claim for that but also will get huge sums as compensation from the Punjab Government as well.
3. Another odd thing I am told is that the house had been practically emptied on the side where the bombing took place. Really odd thing is ALL TVs in the house were PACKED and put in a room towards the back of the house.
4. It is confirmed the house was practically empty. Even the servants were not there which NEVER happens.
5. Two of the Khosas’ cousins did get injured in the blast but it was their sheer bad luck. They did not live their but were passing near Khosa House when on of thm needed to use the bathroom and decided to make an unscheduled stopover at Khosa House to relieve himself. Damn bad timing….