The issue of the day seems to be “police lawlessness”. Everyone — media, politicians, and even the CJ himself — pretending as if it was a “REVELATION“. Fact is, they all know it has been like that forever. They all know all politics is based on misusing the police, with the police torture being more a tool of the politicians than the police.
Here in Punjab, everyone also knows “police encounter” killings reach new heights whenever one of the Sharifs is the ‘Sherif’. And look at their party leadership. Here are some who have made it into the news lately:
- Remember MNA Anjum Aqeel Khan, Senior Vice President of PML-N, beating up a professor in Islamabad over an admission issue? Well, he is in the news again, this time for scamming someone’s plot.
- Yesterday, another senior PML-N MNA Omar Sohail Zia Butt, a close relative of the Sharifs, had his armed goons (about 20 of them) attack doctors at Jinnah Hospital (“four of the doctors had sustained head injuries while the fifth had his hand fractured“). The sin committed by the doctors? Picking up a bandage from the bed of a patient (Butt’s relative) and used it for another patient’s dressing!
- PML-N MPA Moin Khan Wattoo has been able to successfully use the police to get a cross-FIR registered against the victims, in support of some killer having his backing in Head Sulemanki sector.
- Sharif’s Senior Advisor Zulfiqar Khosa’s motorcade running over motor cyclists killing one, injuring two (of course “no crime was committed” since only a peasant died and not getting the British visa is punishment enough)
- PML-N MPAs Haji Allah Rakha and Naveed Anjum have been busy harassing and torturing a woman relative (to gain control of some property, of course).
- Oh, and let’s not forget PML-N MPA Shahid Hussain Bhatti who was just seen on TV channels encouraging torture by police in Jalalpur Bhattian village.
Please keep in mind these are the achievements of PML-N parliamentarians during the last couple of weeks only. If I went further back, the list would get long. At the very least I will have to mention MNA Haji Pervez (exam cheeting scam), Punjab Minister Chaudhry Ghafoor (assaulting female Q-League ladies in assembly), MPA Shumaila Rana (stolen credit card scandal AND land-grabbing), MPA Munawar Gill (rape), etc., etc.
Note: Though I am focusing on PML-N here, it in no way means those from other parties are any different and will certainly be neck-to-neck (PPP scum is in the news daily, PML-Q have had their turn, JUI-F smells of diesel, etc.). I am focusing on PML-N because they have been chosen as our next saviors (but they will be democratically elected of course 😉 )
I say give them the Gymkhana membership. They truly deserve it…